The Longest Day Festival (June 17–20)
The Longest Day Festival and Walking Tour Multiple Locations (less than a mile)
The Longest Day Festival
Monday, June 20 is the longest day of the year and the first official day of summer. It’s also the day the Alzheimer’s Association chooses to raise awareness and financial support for the five million Americans living with the disease. That weekend, the city of Norfolk will join the fight during The Longest Day Festival. Here’s what to expect:
- The Cause: The Longest Day Festival will not only support the fight against Alzheimer’s, it will also give families around Norfolk a chance to get outside, support local businesses, and explore their city, especially during the…
- Scavenger Hunt: Participants will discover hidden treasures while investigating Town Point Park, Ghent, Chelsea, and other historic spots. The hunt begins at 9 a.m. on June 17 and concludes at 9 p.m. on June 20.
- Walking Tours: In addition to the scavenger hunt, you can explore Norfolk on tours that will travel up Granby Street and shed light on local shops, bars, and eateries, plus Norfolk’s brand new Neon Arts District featuring the Glass Wheel Studio.
- Extras: Free art exhibits | Live music | Food, beer, and wine tastings | Raffles | Cornhole tournament with cash prizes
- $13 for one general-admission weekend pass (up to $20 value)
- $20 for two general-admission weekend passes (up to $40 value)