So you think you can’t participate in The Longest Day because you’re going to be at work on June 20th? And it’s a Monday to boot. Not to worry! Make it a FUN Monday with one or two of the following ideas.
- Become a personal vending machine. Purchase some office favorite snacks in bulk (or have them donated) and sell them from your desk for $1 or $2.
- For a donation, co-workers are entered into a drawing to win prizes like casual days, prime parking spots, free lunch, gift certificates, etc.
- Sell cookies, cakes, candy, popcorn, muffins, etc. for donations.
- Have a chili cook-off. Each entrant pays an “entrance donation”. The winner of the cook-off wins a prize.
- Miniature Golf Putting Contest. Set up putting greens around the office and charge a fee to play.
- Team up with a local restaurant for a fundraising happy hour. Many establishments will donate a portion of the proceeds from food and drink to the cause.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. Ask your co-workers for suggestions. You are limited only by your imagination to turn just another work day into a FUN Monday!
ABOUT THE LONGEST DAY
The Longest Day is a team event to raise funds and awareness for the Alzheimer’s Association®. Held annually on the summer solstice, the duration of this sunrise-to-sunset event symbolizes the challenging journey of those living with the disease and their caregivers. Teams are encouraged to create their own experience as they fundraise and participate in an activity they love to honor someone facing the disease.