Do what you love. Love what you do.
You’ve always loved to knit or crochet. Maybe you’ve tucked away your projects, thinking you’ll get back to them when you have more time. Or, maybe you’ve been actively knitting or crocheting for many years and are looking for a great project.
Well … now is the time and this is the project! Knit or crochet to raise awareness and funds to help those living with Alzheimer’s.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Ask for donations for each hour of knitting or crocheting. Ex: $5, $10, $15, even $20 per hour. This can be done individually or you can ask your friends to join you in a knitting/crocheting circle.
- Offer to give knitting or crocheting lessons for donations.
- Sell items you have knitted or crocheted.
- Ask for donations for items you knit or crochet within a certain amount of time.
- Make up small baskets of yarn and ask for donations.
- Tie knitting or crochet needles together with a pretty ribbon and attach a small card to them. In the card write the name of a donor’s loved one who is either living with Alzheimer’s or who has been lost to Alzheimer’s.
You are limited only by your imagination! Do what you love and love what you do while putting your passion to good work on The Longest Day.
ABOUT THE LONGEST DAY
The Longest Day is a team event to raise funds and awareness for the Alzheimer’s Association®. Held annually on the summer solstice, the duration of this sunrise-to-sunset event symbolizes the challenging journey of those living with the disease and their caregivers. Teams are encouraged to create their own experience as they fundraise and participate in an activity they love to honor someone facing the disease.