Are you a motorcycle enthusiast? If so, you’re the perfect fit for The Longest Day! You’re already involved in giving back to your community in so many ways. Turn your favorite activity into helping to raise awareness and funds for the care, support and research in Alzheimer’s. Here are just a few ideas.
- SELL YOUR SPOKES Sell each of your spokes for $20, then tie a purple ribbon on each purchased spoke and include the name of the friend or family member that your donor would like to honor or support.
- BARK AND BIKE WASH In between rides, have a bike and bark washing station. Offer bike, car and dog washes for a donation.
- POKER RUN Host a Poker Run with proceeds going to your Longest Day Team. Consider a reasonable registration donation, Chinese raffles, 50/50 split, etc.
- HAIR SHAVING/GROWING This can apply to heads of hair, mustaches, beards and goatees and can be done in various ways. For example, if you raise XX dollars, you have to shave your head, mustache, etc.; or, if you raise XX dollars you can’t shave or cut your hair for a month.You could also ask participants to dye their hair purple instead of shaving or growing.
- DOLLARS FOR MILES Ask for donations based on the number of miles you ride. Ex: $5, $10, $15, or more per mile.
Whatever you choose to do, gather your friends, family and supporters at sunset to celebrate your accomplishments and to honor those living with the challenges of Alzheimer’s every day.
ABOUT THE LONGEST DAY
The Longest Day is a team event to raise funds and awareness for the Alzheimer’s Association®. Held annually on the summer solstice, the duration of this sunrise-to-sunset event symbolizes the challenging journey of those living with the disease and their caregivers. Teams are encouraged to create their own experience as they fundraise and participate in an activity they love to honor someone facing the disease.